LaurenL | June 26th, 2012 - 11:25 am
Consistently posting online on message boards and blogs can help your brand visibility!
Whether you run a prestigious law firm or are starting up a humble, small-town law office, you need to keep your brand visible and noticed if you want to be successful. People need to know your name before giving you a call or walking through your doors.
Brand visibility is why big and small companies alike invest in media advertising. In the age of Internet marketing, brand visibility has taken on a new dimension. You can no longer simply pay for a billboard or a TV spot and reach people passively. You need to take an active role in your law office’s brand marketing.
Suggestions to improve brand visibility
Brand visibility is a business’s oxygen, food and water. This goes for legal branding as well as any other sort of branding. Without staying visible on a daily basis, a brand will grow sick, wither and die. Follow these suggestions to keep your name in people’s minds and keep your business booming!
- Spend time commenting on popular message boards in your legal field. Share your measured professional opinion, cite sources, make pertinent arguments and show that you are knowledgeable. Always remember to link to your website so those who read your posts have an opportunity to learn more about your, say, Washington, DC medical malpractice law firm.
- Establish relationships with other legal professionals in different fields and offer to make their brand visible on your site in exchange for similar advertising. This can help a beginning website grow quickly.
- Link to and review the blog posts of the big online names in your field. Regularly comment and become a valuable member of the community.
- Place your website address on everything associated with your law firm. This includes but is not limited to letterhead, business cards, invoices, receipts and print advertisements.
- Get a graphic designer to help you design a logo or graphic scheme to include in all of your online communication. A quality design will help to unconsciously cement your law firm in the minds of those who need your services.
Grow your brand today!
The only way to make your law firm’s brand more visible is to do the work. Follow these tips and spend the time to respectfully and knowledgeably engage with online communities, and you will start to see results over time. The important thing to remember is that brand visibility is a process and should be part of your workday. Start marketing your law firm online today!